Thursday, July 31, 2008

Stupid Maneuver (#1)

from Merriam-Webster:
Maneuver
verb
Inflected Form(s):
ma·neu·vered; ma·neu·ver·ing \-ˈnü-və-riŋ, -ˈnyü-; -ˈn(y)üv-riŋ\
to make a series of changes in direction and position for a specific purpose.

This is what a 'mother' did to us last night, twice. Then, she sent her husband to attempt to bitch out BF.

Seriously?

We were at the St. Joseph County fair. It was family dollar day. We didn't expect much. But, we were standing in line with BF's kids so they could ride some rides. We were in the 'kiddie ride' area. The kids wanted to ride the 'bumble bees'. So, we approached the line, found the end of it, and waited. We were behind this nice lady, who was there with three kids. We all warmed up to each other while standing in line. After two rounds of watching kids get on and and off of the bumble bees, the lady in front of us was getting ready to let her kids thru the gate to get on next. All of the sudden, this Mexican lady runs up, pushes her daughter, who's maybe three years old, in front of the lady's kids in front of us to the head of the line to be next. Luckily, the ride was full and we all had to wait, again. In the meantime, the Mexican lady comes back up to her daughter, and takes her to the side. Then, four other mexican kids run up to them. They start budging in line between us and the nice lady in front of us. BF and I just looked at each other like 'WTF'? I asked the nice lady in front of us if Mexican lady was with her, and she said no, and she told them they were not budging in front of her. Well, the ride was over, the kids were off, and the gate opened so the nice lady's kids could enter a 'bumble bee'. All the sudden, Mexican lady is screaming in Spanish, pushing all five of these kids thru about knocking down BF's kids. Seriously???? How rude is that?! We told Mexican lady that she couldn't budge and she had to get to the end of the line. Oh wait, she only speaks Spanish (apparently). We got over it, and just enjoyed watching the kids on the ride (I did give Mexican lady a few dirty looks, and I enjoyed it).

After the bumble bee ride, the kids wanted to do this mini-roller coaster. We went over to that and waited in line. This was a short line. The kids got to the gate to enter, which was up on steps, and wouldn't you know it... Mexican lady comes thru again! She pushe dme aside, and pushed her daughter up the steps in front of BF's kids. Then, Mexican lady walked away. I looked at her daughter and shook my head no, then told the daughter that she had to wait in line like everyone else, and that BF's kids were going next. Luckily, the man running the ride said he needed two riders, and took Ryan and Rachel.

After the kids got off the mini-coaster, they decided they wanted to go on this boat ride that just goes in circles. We waited in this line, and were next to get on. We had to wait until the ride stopped before they could get on. While we were waiting, Mexican lady's husband approaches BF, taps him on the shoulder and asks BF if he has a problem with his wifecrosses his arms, and gives BF attitude. Seriously? Can I get a what what?!! Are you kidding me? BF just looked at Mexican lady's husband, and said 'She kept budging in line, in front of my kids, and I told her they needed to wait in line like everyone else'. Mexican lady's husband just dropped his head, and said he was sorry, and walked away. Before all of this, I heard her behind us just flairing a Spanish speaking fiesta towards her husband. I wondered what was going on... Gheesh. I feel like I need to brush up on my spanish.

Needless to say, they didn't budge in front of us again. I was about go to off on the Mexican lady. But, I didn't want to do it in front of BF's kids. I still can't believe they made a scene like that in front of BF's kids, and all of the other families who WAITED in line. I'm just glad I didn't give her the verbal beat down I wanted to, and that the husband just walked away!

Seriously?!! Who does that?

No comments: